“Can I afford custom blinds or shades?”
No doubt, many homeowners ask themselves this question. Their first thought may be that it will be too expensive to have custom blinds or shades installed in their home. Every home has unique needs. The good news is that Hunter Douglas offers consumers a variety of price points, all without sacrificing the quality of components and warranty. When you work with Custom Blinds & Design in Omaha and Lincoln, Nebraska, you are able to determine exactly what you want at the price you want to spend. We want you to be comfortable with your purchase and showing you high-quality, custom products that fit your budget is one of the most important services we can provide to you.
Selecting the Right Product for Your Budget
When it comes to selecting window coverings, there are many things to consider:
- Fabric or type of product
- Type of operating system
One of the first things our designers will say to clients is, “We work with the budget that works for you.” And, with Hunter Douglas shades and blinds, you can choose from many options and determine which one best fits with your budget.
From timeless products to shades that make you think green, Hunter Douglas offers:
- Silhouette® window shadings, one of its signature, original products.
- Nantucket®. Similar to the Silhouette®, but the main difference is that Nantucket® is only offered in the 3″ vane, while Silhouette® is offered in 2″, 3″, or 4″ vane, depending on your preference. The fabrics are also different, with Nantucket having fewer colors and texture options.
- Duette® Honeycomb is Hunter Douglas’ signature shade, which offers Architella® cell construction. This is a state-of-the-art construction that features three insulating air pockets that reduce heat loss. This particular window shade is extremely energy efficient and qualifies for up to $1,200 (dollar for dollar) Federal Tax Credit that went into effect in 2023.
- The Applause® Honeycomb Shade is also energy efficient and offers only single cell construction and fewer colors and textures. Both have the same components in the head rails and the same Hunter Douglas warranty that is backed by a Hunter Douglas dealer like Custom Blinds & Design.
Within every product, there are also price points for each fabric/collection. Our designers are here to help you find a fabric you love that is in a price grid that fits your budget.
Operating Systems – “Lift or Tilt, Manual or Motorized?”
When it comes to choosing the lift system, there is one for every product. Hunter Douglas offers a wide variety of manual and motorized operating systems. The cord option is a standard lift system that has no additional charge.
Other systems such as the cordless LiteRise® system is a small additional charge, as is Ultraglide® that uses an ergonomic retractable wand. For many families, safety in the home is an important factor if they have young children and/or pets. These systems are often worth the small investment to ensure peace of mind.
Hunter Douglas also offers motorized operating systems such as its signature SoftTouch® lift that uses a battery pack to lift and lower your window coverings. It is child and pet safe as well. Unlike the fully automated PowerView system, you aren’t able to schedule the opening/closing of your shades or blinds with this mechanism, but you don’t have to lift a finger. Well, maybe one.
PowerView® Automation is designed for the hi-tech living environment and is fastly becoming more appealing to customers because it is child and pet safe, offers automations that can make your home more energy efficient, gives you remote access to operate your shades from afar, and provides security because you can keep your shades moving even when you’re not there. Most importantly, it offers convenience!
One thing that is consistent no matter which window covering you choose is our commitment to providing you with award-winning customer service. From your first encounter with Custom Blinds & Design professionals, to the measuring and ordering, to installation day, you’ll find that we go the extra mile to ensure you are satisfied through the entire process and long after. We’ve got a winning team matched with Hunter Douglas products that are guaranteed, and our service is second to none!
Our Custom Blinds & Design Galleries are located at 1105 South 180th Street in Omaha, NE, and at 6101 South 56th Street in Lincoln, NE. Give us a call or stop by and talk with one of our designers. You’ll be excited that you did.